Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Nutcracker


The holidays are almost here ! One of the best ways to celebrate the holidays is to go see the Nutcracker. The Nutcracker is a famous ballet with music by Tchaikovsky. It is the most popular ballet in Western Countries. This ballet originated in Russia, the first performance was held on December 18, 1892. The Nutcracker consists of two acts and three scenes. My dance studio puts this performance on every year in December. This year it will be held on December 12th. We do five shows at the "Coral Springs Center for the Performing Arts." It is a fun, exciting show and I recommend everyone to come and see it ! I have a link that will give a synopsis about the story of the Nutcracker.
http://classicalmusic.about.com/od/balletsynopses/a/thenutcracker.htm

2 comments:

  1. thanks for this great post ! I have a lot more about the Nutcracker over on my blog if you are interested..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nutcracker! I can't wait. Thanks for letting us know when and where it is. This is one of my favorite ballets. I can not wait to see it it sounds like it is going to be great.

    ReplyDelete