Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Benefits of Classical Music

There are many benefits from listening to classical music. Soothing music like classical is known to reduce stress and anxiety. I listen to classical music everyday when I dance, and I must say it does calm you down and relaxes you. After a hard day at school, I go to dance and try to put everything aside. The classical music really helps sooth you and take away stress. Hospitals are actually exploring the use of classical music for patients, surgeons and visitors. Classical music is also said to reduce crime. In London, police piped classical music into underground stations in some of the most dangerous areas. After six months, crimes significantly decreased. Another surprising study showed that when classical music is being played in a store, you are more likely to spend more money. So next time you are having a stressful day listen to some classical music, it may make you fell a lot better.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's very interesting with the crime rate part, who would have ever thought classical music can reduce crime rate?! Also that is very true classical music relaxes people. Being a singer, I sing a lot of classical pieces and they definitely calm me down and distract me from whatever else is going on in my life. Most people are age don't listen to classical music anymore and it's a shame because there are such beautiful songs out there, but no one who wants to listen. There are many benefits to classical music and I'm glad I'm not the only one who still listens. :)

    ReplyDelete